The year 2022 marks the Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty The Queen as the ruler of the UK and the Commonwealth realms. She became the Queen after the death of her Father. She acceded the throne on 6th February 1952 when she was 25 years old, but the coronation took place on 2 June 1953. That is why the Platinum Jubilee celebrations will happen on that day. There are a lot of things that are unique about the current monarch of the British Throne. She is the first and only monarch to have completed 70 years of service.
The UK government has created a special website to notify the public and to encourage more people to come out and wish Her Majesty the Queen. On the day of the Platinum Jubilee, there will be a lot of celebrations and festivities where members of the royal family will also take part. Also, a three-day holiday starting from 2nd June to 5th June 2022 has been announced that will allow the public and communities to take part in these celebrations. Here is a list of a few events that will happen during this time.
● 2nd June 2022, The Queen’s Birthday Parade: Where 1400 soldiers, 200 horses, 400 musicians, and RAF planes will take part to celebrate the official birthday of Her Majesty, The Queen.
● 2nd June 2022, Platinum Jubilee Beacons in the UK and All Commonwealth Countries: Beacons will be lit throughout the UK and all commonwealth countries to commemorate the reign of Her Majesty.
● 3rd June 2022, The Service of Thanksgiving: A special service will be held at St. Paul’s Cathedral.
● 4th June 2022, The Queen will attend The Derby at Epsom Downs: The Queen and Members of the Royal Family will attend the Derby at Epsom Downs.
● 4th June 2022, Platinum Party at the Palace: It will be a special event at Royal Palace that will be live broadcasted by BBC and streaming partners.
● 5th June 2022, The Big Jubilee Launch Events: Smaller events to allow the communities to be a part of the Royal celebrations will happen on this day.
● 5th June 2022, The Platinum Jubilee Pageant: A grand pageant will happen on this day that will be attended by more than 10,000 people from across the UK, and commonwealth countries, including military personnel, artists, musicians, iconic figures, and celebrities from different backgrounds.
Apart from these events, a lot of specialized events will also happen that are mostly organized by local communities. A platinum jubilee emblem competition will also take part after these events where contestants will submit their entries for the emblem. The winning emblem will become the official emblem of the Platinum Jubilee of Her Majesty, the Queen. People from all over the world, renowned celebrities, musicians, tv and film actors, national treasures, and iconic figures will attend these events and celebrations.
Photo image: Mathew Browne, Unsplash