What happened over the weekend was an absolute shock and devesation for those who lost their lives and their loved ones. It's unthinkable to think that such a tragedy could occur at such a high profile event.
At least eight people were killed and dozens more injured at the concert after a large crowd began pushing toward the front of the stage during a performance by high profile rapper Travis Scott.
The event was billled as the concert of the centry, under the brand 'Astroworld', over a course of two days, with as many s 50,000 attendees on Friday night alone.
What we know about the casualties
Eight people, ranging in age from 14 to 27 were amonst those who lost their lives. Hundreds more were injured.
In a statement, Kylie Jenner, the girlfriend of Travis Scott said: “Travis and I are broken and devastated,” she said, offering condolences to the victims’ loved ones. “I want to make it clear we weren’t aware of any fatalities until the news came out after the show and in no world would have continued filming or performing.''
Travis also took to Instagram saying that 'he is doing everything he can to keep people updated.''
So far there does not seem to be much in terms of a response from the organisers of the music festival other than a short statement on Instagram; our hearts fo out to all those effected.
Photo credit: Amy Harris / AP